Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Never lose your childhood heart...

Last Friday night I played many childish games with my 20-something year old friends and can I just say 1 thing...

it was FANTASTIC and SO SO MUCH FUN! (when I get excited I type in all caps, sorry)  

So all and all I was excited for game night last week. The only thing I was dreading was being the 5th wheel as I was playing with 2 engaged couples...

Now...being the 3rd, 5th, 7th, any odd number wheel for that matter, ain't so bad.

Really!

I am well accustomed to it. I don't mind it so much. I get extra special attention paid to me as I am the "single friend."

But have no fear! Another one of my guy friends showed up and then we were the odd couple!


isn't he precious?!

So we sit down and play Disney Scene It. My girlfriends are completely obsessed with Disney so we decide, girls against guys. Obviously I'm ok with this as I am positive that my precious friend up there has definitely not seen a Disney movie since he was 15. But get this...

The guys KILL us! I couldn't believe it. The other two had a very in depth knowledge about Disney movies and they won. Unbelievable!

Then we play spoons. GREAT GAME. Except we use chopsticks and fit over them when there's only 1 left. We are so grown up.

Ok for now, we are done playing games, guys are dancing like fools, girls just chatting it up on the couch. Then all of a sudden..."let's play hide and seek!"

I say Ok I'll count, immediately followed by a scatter of bodies to go hide in the entire house.

And ya know what? It was tons of fun! I'm talking like I haven't had this much fun in a looooooooooong time. It was great.

I really needed it. Thank you friends!

Have you ever played childish games when you were supposed to be a "grown up"?

No comments: